DO programs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #8791 by
Replied by on topic DO programs
osteopathic schools don't hire allopathic (MD) to their orthopaedic residencies, however, looking how many current open osteopathic orthopaedic residency position their are, it seems it would have been less competitive to find an orthopaedic residency as a DO opposed to as a MD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #8899 by
Replied by on topic bump, I'd be interested in
bump, I'd be interested in the rest of the DO ortho programs the overall information on them is somewhat lacking obviously

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #9188 by
Replied by on topic Anymore info on the DO
Anymore info on the DO programs??

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #9193 by
Replied by on topic Thanks GOD for this thread!
Thanks GOD for this thread! You have no idea how frustrating it is to be completely lost and having NO info on DO ortho programs. Here's my contribution.

I'm screwed when it comes to elective rotations. My school requires us to go on "rural rotations" for two months of our 4th year. Mine are in Sept and Oct...prime audition rotation months. So I only have july, august, november and december to rotate. Lots of programs interview in october and november..very few in december so I'm hogtied. I did well on the comlex scoring >92 percentile, but as we all know programs want you to rotate. A lot of schools are starting to link their internship year, so that screws me further. Ortho is the one specialty I really enjoy. It's one of the few specialties that you actually fix people and see the results of your work. They come in broke and leave fixed, which is something I really appreciate about it. It's not that I would be miserable doing something else, but I'm the one who has to get up and go to work, I might as well do something I'm passionate about. Why should I miss out on this because my school has a fetish for rural medicine?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #9205 by
Replied by on topic check out the MCG program
check out the MCG program in Augusta GA, although a traditional allopathic residency they consider DO candidates very highly and have several very good DO residents

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 days ago - 15 years 4 days ago #9227 by
Replied by on topic DO programs
Hi. This is my first time writing and the first time I hear about DO ortho programs. I'm a foreign MD and I've been strugling for 3 years to get into an ortho program. I heard about DO programs....
-Can anybody tell me more about them?
-How can I look them up?
-What's the selection process?
-Will they take a foreign MD, or is it still very difficult?

Any info is useful and appreciated. Please reply, PM or email me.
Thanks.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: christianOrthoDocbonefixxxer