DO programs

• ortho7027
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #27095 by ortho7027
DO programs was created by ortho7027
3rd year setting up elective rotations. Does anyone have any information/opinions on any of the DO ortho programs. I'm having a real difficult time finding any info about the particular personalities of the DO ortho residencies. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ortho7027
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #7874 by ortho7027
Replied by ortho7027 on topic Anyone? Any info at all
Anyone? Any info at all would be greatly appeciated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #7914 by
Replied by on topic I'm just a second year
I'm just a second year but I am familiar with the ortho residency at UMDNJ-SOM. The program is heavy on OR time from what the residents tell us, way over the necessary number of cases so if you're into learning by doing it's a good place. Residents seem happy and get along well (they hang out together, golf etc.).

There are multiple hospital sites that the residents rotate through. The main one being the Kennedy Health System which consists of 3 separate hospitals all within 30 minutes of each other. Cooper is the Trauma hospital and AI DuPont for peds (I think there's at least one more hospital and possibly more but I'm not exactly sure).

Residents from this program before have gone on to Hospital of UPenn for fellowship (joint/sports).

If you have more specific questions feel free to contact me.

-J

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #7945 by
Replied by on topic not much discussion going on
not much discussion going on here so I'll let you know that Grandview seems to have a very good reputation. Most of the residents speak very highly of this program. Also, the York, PA program sends their residents to Hopkins for pediatric training.

There are 30 total programs, others must have some info to share. Please do, I'm interested in hearing about the programs as well.

-J

• ortho7027
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #8006 by ortho7027
Replied by ortho7027 on topic Thanks for the input. Is
Thanks for the input. Is there anyone else with any info at all of any of the other DO ortho programs?

Thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #8027 by
Replied by on topic DO programs
If you are interested in learning about the Do programs, I am a fourth year who is heading out to Grandview's program out in Ohio, top notch program that I feel provides training on par with any MD program, as far as variety of cases, exposure, environement, fellowships, etc...I also have some info on other programs from rotating there, friends, etc. Please send me a private message if you have any questions. There might be some negatives to certain places, based upon my priorities, that I want to divulge in private. Ask as many questions as you want, as I am purposely doing nothing but relaxing these days.....

Moderators: christianOrthoDocbonefixxxer