U Colorado rotators only?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #31882 by BooRadley85
I've heard from a fairly reliable source that Colorado only invites rotators to interview. Anyone know if this is/isn't true?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #32058 by mdbelton
Replied by mdbelton on topic U Colorado rotators only?
I've been told this is not true, though they do highly consider their rotators. In addition, they do not interview all their rotators. c5

More
6 years 7 months ago #32060 by Dedicated2ortho
I would like to reassure you that I know at least one NR who will interview in Colorado this year.

More
6 years 7 months ago #32148 by Diggidy
Replied by Diggidy on topic ?
Does anybody know how competitive Denver is for residency? It's not classically listed in the silly "top 10 residency" lists, but I know everyone wants to live in Denver and that their program must be pretty tough to match into. I'm a 3rd year at a school in the midwest. I was hoping to rotate through Denver next year, but was curious how selective they are. Any advice or things you've heard through the grapevine would be awesome, thanks!

More
6 years 7 months ago #32150 by Dedicated2ortho
Replied by Dedicated2ortho on topic ?
I think just like many other prestigious programs, Colorado is also very competitive. Not sure which programs included in top 10 list, but not everybody has the same rank... For me U of Colorado is within top 5, because I would consider the location of the program, facilities, organized nature of residency training, quantity and quality of surgeries you can perform. These are all factors that put U of Colorado within top 5 for me. Department chair, program director and rest of the faculty are also so valuable there. Perhaps you can find out more and decide for yourself if you get a chance to rotate there.

Good Luck

More
6 years 7 months ago #32151 by Diggidy
Replied by Diggidy on topic ?
I certainly agree with you. Having not rotated their I can only speculate, but I imagine I would rather be in Denver than many other of the "top" programs, like HSS, as an example.

Do you know if they have a step 1 cutoff? Just trying to get an idea if it's even worth it for me to rotate there if I don't have much of a chance at interviewing, let alone having a legit shot at matching.

Thanks for the help.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc