Clinical Experience 

Research 

Residents 

Lifestyle 

Overall Experience 

Very solid, clinically-oriented program

Program Review

Staff / Faculty / Chairman
Dr. Gatt is very nice guy who is very approachable. Seems to have a good relationship with residents.
Didactics / Teaching
Weekly fracture conference is great. Attendings tend to get very involved and provide invaluable input and feedback to residents and the cases each resident was involved in.
Operating Experience
One of the best I've seen during my medical school rotations. The chiefs felt confident tackling many of the cases and felt comfortable leading the operation. Operative experience starts early, I observed many PGY-2's actively involved in cases on a daily basis.
Clinic Experience
Adequate exposure. Residents see a diverse range of patients while spending time in clinic as well as private office hours.
Research Opportunities
Opportunities are abundant however it is rather difficult to get a project moving along. Limited research support.
Residents
Good group of residents, very close-knit.
Lifestyle
Blue-collar type of residency program -- residents work very hard. Although very busy, often hang out together and know how to have fun.
Location / Housing
New Brunswick is a college town with a lot of good local bars (both young professional and college) as well as some lounges and clubs. Not terrible cost of living expenses. Close to NYC (train, car), Hoboken and beaches.
Limitations
Research support
Overall Rotation Experience / Conclusion
Having done a sub-I here, very very solid program. Residents complete residency well-trained with the knowledge and confidence of being able to operate independently. Residents get solid fellowships. Many of the attendings, especially the pediatric orthopaedic group are extremely supportive. It's a work hard, play hard type of place -- many of the residents are great guys who are motivated and know how to have fun and enjoy life outside of the hospital .

Qualification

I rotated as a medical student at this program
Date of Rotation
July 2013
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account