Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: USMLE Step 2 materials and advice

10 years 5 months ago #29356

• ragsharm
I am about to start my fourth year and seeing as how I did not do well on my USMLE step 1, I need to nail Step 2.

I think with step 1 I ran short on study time/rushed it/burned out a little bit near the end of the year.

This time I have about 6 weeks or so to prepare for Step 2 at the beginning of my 4th year. It was recommended to me to use FALCON review. I was wondering what people had to say for FALCON review vs. using First aid and USMLE WORLD (UW)?? please offer other sources and ideas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I don't know anything about 10 years 5 months ago #15516

I don't know anything about the FALCON review, but it seems that UWorld+Secrets +/- First Aid is the gold standard for Step 2 studying, including those who want to score 260+.

I plan on using those 3 things. Then depending on how time permits I may add Step Up to medicine and the Pestana Surgery review notes. My number 1 priority is to finish UWorld and that should be yours too.

I have a quick question. 10 years 4 months ago #15553

I have a quick question. I scored around the national average for ortho match on the Step 1, but the average score for the people who matched from my school was a 255 (I think 13 or 14 ppl matched last year). Therefore, it really makes me want to take the Step 2 between 3rd and 4th year so that I can pad my resume a bit so I can match up against some of my classmates.

That is not a question. 10 years 4 months ago #15554

That is not a question.

Question: Is that a good 10 years 4 months ago #15555

Question:

Is that a good idea?

Step 2 CS Help 3 years 11 months ago #33746

• swathi
I cleared my USMLE Step 2 in the first attempt with the help of Kaplan Series and mock tests from Target USMLE helped me a lot...
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by swathi.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc