Synapse PACS Imaging System

• legless
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #28549 by legless
Synapse PACS Imaging System was created by legless
Hi all.

Over here in OZ, Synapse has been chosen as the nationwide imaging system and it's being rolled out to hospitals as we speak.

The hospitals my partner works in are using it so I've ended up learning quite a bit about it and how to force it to work on systems it's not designed for.

The biggest drawback with it is that it's designed for Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6. It won't work (directly) with any other operating system or browser. Or so FUJI tells us.

As a lot of my partners colleagues are using VISTA or MAC OS, I've ended up writing some workarounds that will allow you to use SYNAPSE on operating systems other than XP.

If anyone's interested I'll send you the workarounds to use SYNAPSE on VISTA or MAC. I've also a workaround for the IE 7 problem.

SYNAPSE is a godsend when on call and away from the hospital as it allows my partner to logon from home and view x-rays. That helps her to decide whether she needs to go in or not.

If you want help on getting Synapse to run at home, drop me a line at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or reply on this thread.

On another note, I've a shedload of study MP3 files, videos,podcasts and RSS feeds related to Orthopedics and I'll be posting the links to these in the near future.

Cheers

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc