Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Advice for a lowly M2

Advice for a lowly M2 1 year 9 months ago #35704

Hey guys!

Congrats to everyone on all of the invites. Reading over all of your stats/publications etc. is truly impressive AND intimidating. I was wondering if now that you're all grown up and applying, is there anything you wish you knew when you were in my spot?

So far:
M1: passed everything (pass/fail grading) at a non-top 25 US Public Med School
Research: 7 publications, 4 ortho (no first author, no poster presentations). Trying to get on some new projects now.
Mentorship: have been shadowing/reaching out to people, so far nothing is sticking, but I'm trying!
Step1: T-231ish days.

I get that Step >>>> life for M2, but what else should I be thinking about in terms of preparing to feel good about my residency application. Really dont want to open that thing up and have nothing to write.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advice for a lowly M2 1 year 9 months ago #35712

• pucksandbones
  • Intern
  • Thank you received: 4
Honestly with that many publications already just focus on step 1 and not much else. Getting some exposure to your ortho department can be helpful as well so they know you better come M4 year and you can get stronger letters. You can pick the research back up third year...ideally you can get 1-2 first authorships by 4th year applications and you will be solid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc