Cloth/ Custom Scrub Caps?

• doctagadget
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #29782 by doctagadget
Cloth/ Custom Scrub Caps? was created by doctagadget
There was a thread on SDN a while ago about how wearing your own custom/cloth scrub caps as a med student (on ur gsurg rotation) was a big no no. Is this the case with ortho too or are they less concerned about the issue? Have you seen any students during your away roations wear a custom scrub cap? Of course this isn't a huge issue. I was just curious.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17724 by
Replied by on topic Well you're always free to
Well you're always free to make a statement, but always remember that any statement can be taken the wrong way. Hate for a prospective PD to be a grad of the rival school of your cap. Stick with paper.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17728 by
Replied by on topic You really want to keep
You really want to keep a hat with blood and bone thrown all over it. I think they are disposible for a reason.....

I would suggest a cute flower one like the CRNA's wear........its not as cool as you think....nix the idea

• doctagadget
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17729 by doctagadget
Replied by doctagadget on topic Point definitely taken, although I
Point definitely taken, although I have seen plenty of ortho residents wearing them at my program so I figured that the contamination aspect was a non-issue. But since medstudents never wear them I suppose there is a valid reason why and I wouldn't want to stand out for that reason alone. Thanks for the advice!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17732 by
Replied by on topic During my externships, I had
During my externships, I had 2 different PDs tell me that those caps are a contamination issue and that only nurses and anesthesiologists wear them. Since contamination is such an issue, especially with total joints, and that fitting in with the program is also an important part of rotations, it wouldn't be a good idea unless most of the other residents are also wearing them.

More
5 years 5 months ago #35061 by OrthoDoc
Don't wear them as a student. Many hospitals do not allow them anymore unless they are laundered with the scrubs.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc