Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Florida Programs

Florida Programs 4 years 4 months ago #32619

Hey, I'm a 3rd year aspiring to ortho. I'm primarily interested in the programs in Florida. I've set up 4 audition rotations for fourth year, with one of them being at Largo, and then also the newer program in South Miami at Larkin. I'd like to set up another, but I don't think my schedule can accommodate that.

Level 1: 661 and step 1 242 ; top 15 in class; no ortho research sadly (will this be a deal breaker?) . I've managed to secure 2 LOR from orthopedic guys I worked with while on rotations and hope to get one from a residency program soon.

Does anyone have any insight or input into these programs and if I'd be competitive at them? I'd enjoy to hear what people thought of these programs, especially Larkin since the info seems relatively scarce.

Secondly, I don't plan on taking USMLE step 2, it's a lot of money and hassle and I really am set on doing ortho and have little interest in an allopathic residency at this point. Does anyone think this would be an issue with fellowships in the distant future?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Florida Programs 4 years 1 month ago #32836

• Mcqugly1
Have you looked at the program at FIU? A coworker of mine went there and speaks highly of the experience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.