Need help from Residents

• orthodoc2007
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #27423 by orthodoc2007
Need help from Residents was created by orthodoc2007
Hello,

I am a IMG with 83% Step II, passed CS waiting for Step I (hopefully with a better score). Doing observership and Research in a orthopaedic hospital. I have a MS in orthopaedic surgery from india from a good institution. Now my question is, as my step 2 score is low am seeking advice from the residents to which hospitals should i apply. Does anyone know any hospitals which look at the whole package instead of just the scores. I am a permanent resident, so doesn't need a visa.

I am very much interested in orthopaedics, your help would greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #8981 by
Replied by on topic you should apply to every
you should apply to every program that you can afford to apply to. this should all be with the understanding that you might bang your head against a wall for the next few years and never find an ortho spot. just the harsh reality. there are a TON of img's that want to do ortho that actually have the complete package (including the numbers) and don't ever find a spot.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #9078 by
Replied by on topic Hi, your not alone, I have
Hi,

your not alone, I have step 1-95 and step 2- 92 with cs cleared. Also completed Orthopedics in one of the top instutions in India and have a greencard. no observationship, have applied to programs hoping to win a lottery ticket to one of them so just to let you know don't give up.
where are you doing your observationship?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #9080 by
Replied by on topic good luck. nobody in the
good luck. nobody in the US really uses the 2-digit score. you should post your 3 digit step 1 and step 2 score. just FYI

• orthodoc2007
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #9083 by orthodoc2007
Replied by orthodoc2007 on topic hello
Hello,

Thanks rkg, u got good scores. I am doing research in a ortho hospital from the past 5months and did 3 months observership. How many progs did u apply to. i applied to 1 waiting to see if my docs are scanned. Good luck.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc