Interested med student

• ortho7521
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #27324 by ortho7521
Interested med student was created by ortho7521
I'm interested in Ortho.
At this point in my life, my hand skill training has consisted of the ocasional videogame, housepainting for a few summers, and the occasional putting Target furniture together. Oh yeah, the pinewood derby in cub-scouts. Asking other prospective ortho med students, they say I love working with my hands. Aside from flipping through books, I'm not sure what they're refering to.

Am I at a serious disadvantage? Is there something that I can do that would prepare me for the type of surgery in Orthopedics.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #8760 by
Replied by on topic It seems to me that
It seems to me that the "I love working with my hands" is just one of those things that you're supposed to say when you're an aspiring Orthopaedist. Other notable things we say just because include "I have a real interest in research", "I can absolutely see myself being happy living here in (insert undesirable city here)", and "I have (insert astronomical credentials here), does that make me a good candidate?

Yeah it's great if you truly enjoy working with your hands, but even though everyone says that, it's not like if you don't have some manual hobby (insert masturbation joke here) that you can't be an Orthopod. Don't sweat it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #8761 by
Replied by on topic funny post rwbrhp29 but damn
funny post rwbrhp29 but damn you...you stole my masturbation joke...

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc