ICD-9/CPT codes

• texasortho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #26902 by texasortho
ICD-9/CPT codes was created by texasortho
Trying to start entering all of my cases by ICD9/CPT codes for my program - anyone know of a good, free website to get them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #6779 by
Replied by on topic I don't know of any
I don't know of any free sites, but you may want to check with your program's billing office. They usually get new books each year and you may be able to snag last year's book of codes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #6802 by
Replied by on topic coding
Are you using the resident log system provided by the acgme?

Its a pain in the arse to lookup every code each time. What I have done is keep track of ICD codes I use most, and find that by keeping this list when I log cases, it cuts down significantly on the time it takes.

There is another program called code-x that some of your attendings may have..."borrow" a copy and see if you like it, it has a comprehensive coding program thats easy to use.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #6803 by
Replied by on topic I agree on the usefulness
I agree on the usefulness of a cheat sheet. Some of the codes i have memorized I have entered them so much (THA is 27130) Codes for totals, hip fractures, wrist reductions & knee scopes will be used a lot. I fit all my common codes on one notecard.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #7898 by
Replied by on topic There's a small book called
There's a small book called "Orthopaedic Pocket Procedures:General Orthopaedics" by Courtland G. Lewis ISBN 0-07-136985-6 that has a little commentary and CPT/ICD9 codes for most, but not all cases (such as the crazy tumor reconstructions) that we typically do in my program for ACGME logging. I leave it in my locker in the ortho resident's lounge for everyone to use, searching the ACGME site is a real pain. I bought this off ebay about a year ago for $10. Hopefully you find it useful.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc