Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interview Scheduling

16 years 10 months ago #30596

• bonebreaker
Wanted to get people's opinions:
Are people accepting every interview offered and then if multiple interviews occur on the same day, waiting until later to decide which ones to go one? I feel bad about holding a spot at somewhere I'm not sure I want to intrview at, when someone else might really want that spot. However, I hate to get closed out on a location beacause I sat on it too long waiting for a different program to offer me something.
What is everyone else doing?
Thanks...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The way I've been doing 16 years 10 months ago #1662

The way I've been doing it and the way others have done it in the past is to book everything that rolls in now. You can always cancel later, and as long as you cancel with a couple of weeks notice, no one should get shafted.

Word :pimp:

I (and another applicant I 16 years 10 months ago #1663

I (and another applicant I talked to) have only accepted 1 location and canceled the other one asap so that others can also get that interview. I think it's just better to make the decision sooner than later so you don't have to stress about it later and someone else can get a spot and make plans/reservations, etc...

I'm with CollesFx on this 16 years 10 months ago #1664

I'm with CollesFx on this one. I cancelled immediately once I had a better interview. Unless you are completely undecided as to which program you want to pursue, I say cancel right away. It makes the process a little more tolerable for others waiting for those cancellation interviews to come.

I have not had this 16 years 10 months ago #1665

I have not had this probelm yet... but i agree with ortho03 and Colles... main reason... decide now cause it will only weigh on you more later... and help a brotha out...

:roll smile: i agree. give 16 years 10 months ago #1696

:roll smile: i agree. give up the spot asap. it will help people who are waiting for cancellation interviews.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc