Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: wise to call/email?

16 years 10 months ago #30519

• curiousgeorge
Anyone, particularly those ahead of us have any wisdom to impart about calling or emailing programs that we haven't yet heard from? Is this smart, dumb, a non-factor? How annoying is it for them to hear "I am really interested in your program and just trying to figure out how to schedule my interviews."
Any thought appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Good question. I haven't been 16 years 10 months ago #1626

Good question. I haven't been doing that, although it sounds like a lot of people have. Any answer to curious' question could help all of us out.

What have the people who have been calling getting for responses, what do you say, etc...?

I'm not sure if its 16 years 10 months ago #1635

I'm not sure if its wise to call. A ton of programs sent out invites and I didn't get one, so I assume I was rejected. However, the same happened from a program I rotated at, and after a call I was offered an interview. Not sure if I'm going to call about the others...

It seems like if you 16 years 10 months ago #1641

It seems like if you are interviewing in the area, it would be common courtesy for other local programs to let you know the status of your application so you can make travel arrangements accordingly--seems like. I've tried it at two programs. One didn't reply to my email and the other said my application was still under review.

Okay, I finally got the 16 years 10 months ago #1647

Okay, I finally got the balls to call a couple places that I haven't heard dick from, but I know they are offering interviews.

Carolinas is still processing apps at this point, but expects to have them finished by the end of Nov. They will send letters to everyone that applied one way or another. If you haven't received a denial, or and interview, you are still in the running.

Akron Summa is also still processing apps, but the person in charge is on vacation right now. They have sent letters to everyone that has been processed. If you haven't heard yes or no, your app hasn't been looked at yet.

Thanks for the input..... It means 16 years 10 months ago #1658

Thanks for the input.....

It means I still have hope, maybe some of those programs ignoring me will give the thumbs up. It would be nice if they could hurry up the process a little.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc