Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Interview Experience (2002-2003)

16 years 10 months ago #30401

• collesfx
I interviewed at Albert Einstein on 11/15...it was stressful for me just b/c it was my first interview. However, the questions were pretty standard and the atmosphere was pretty laid back. You go into 4 rooms with a couple of attendings in each room (sometimes a resident in there too) and they have 10 minutes with you. They asked the standard why ortho, why pick you?, tell me about your research, what kinds of things make up upset?, what am I looking for in a residency, etc. Basically, we just trying to get to know each other and see if there would be a fit. Oh yeah...there was a session before the interviews started with Dr. Cobelli (sp?) the chairman and he sat down and just told us how the place was pretty trauma heavy and you work a lot. He said the program's strong in everything except research (they have no basic science labs) but they're trying to work on it. He's only been chairman for a few months but has hired more faculty (esp. in peds) to get a well-rounded ortho program.

Then you go on a tour of all 3 hospitals of their's. I was in the morning group which started at 7:00am and ended approximately by noon. Lunch was also provided. No event the night before...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just a shout out to 16 years 10 months ago #1580

Just a shout out to everyone with sore backs, hips, knees , shoulders etc. from the mud football game at cwru this weekend! Good Luck on the trail.

Hey pounder, What did you think 16 years 10 months ago #1584

Hey pounder,
What did you think of CWRU?
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc