Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Travel Arrangements

16 years 10 months ago #30218

• odd1out
Hey, everyone!

What are all of you using to find deals on flights, car rentals, hotel, etc?

The only one I'm really familiar with is Travelocity... :tongue:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

There are tons of discount 16 years 10 months ago #1443

There are tons of discount places. Travelocity, priceline, hotwire, orbitz, expedia, even yahoo has some pretty good fairs occassionally. Personally, I have had the best luck with orbitz in the past. Priceline doesn't allow you to pick the time of your flights, but you would probably get the best price from them. If you don't care about making pre-interview dinners, then priceline would be a good bet. If not, I would stick with the other ones that allow you to set the itinerary. Priceline is good for hotels though. You can cut your price in half, or thirds for most hotels.

Cool! Thanks for the advice! 16 years 10 months ago #1462

• odd1out
Cool! Thanks for the advice! This'll be a lot of help. Good luck on interviews!

Also check http://www.hotwire.com cause it 16 years 10 months ago #1464

Also check http://www.hotwire.com cause it lets you know a certain price without "bidding" or whatever on it like priceline. You still don't know your time in/out, but at least it gives you a minimum to judge against. It also lets you deselect redeye flights 9]www.orthogate.org/media/kunena/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I just was able to 16 years 10 months ago #1475

I just was able to get a 4-star hotel (Hyatt Regency) in Indianapolis for $42 on priceline. I've never used that service before but what a great deal...hopefully i'll have time to use the complimentary spa and pool before the interview to get relaxed...

cheaper travel deal I just 16 years 10 months ago #1528

cheaper travel deal I just found out thru my med school (see http://www.aamc.org/members/osr/discounts.htm) if you fly with American Airlines

OSR - Airline Discounts for Residency Interview Travel
2002-03 AAMC Airline Discount Program for Senior Medical Students Interviewing for Residency Positions

The Association of American Medical Colleges has an agreement with American Airlines to offer discounts for senior medical students traveling to interviews for residency positions. The program is for senior students at AAMC member institutions only; misuse of the program jeopardizes the AAMC's chances of providing a similar program in the future.

Discount is 5% off the lowest applicable coach fare or 10% off full coach fares
Valid travel dates are October 1, 2002?May 31, 2003
Tickets should be purchased at least seven days prior to departure in order to receive the discount; Receive a bonus discount of 10% for tickets purchased 60 days in advance
Discounts/fares are valid for round-trip travel on American Airlines and American Eagle. Discounts/fares may also apply for travel on Canadian Airlines. Certain restrictions may apply.
For reservations and ticketing information, call American's Meeting Services Desk, or have your travel professional call, 1-800-433-1790 seven days a week from 7]This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.[/url]) at 202/828-0681.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc