Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interviews Scheduled?

16 years 11 months ago #29789

• doinjoints
Does anyone out there already have one scheduled? I'm curious to know if any of the programs, and which ones, are sending out invites already. Obviously, I haven't gotten one yet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

everyone needs to relax a 16 years 11 months ago #1207

everyone needs to relax a bit. i didn't get my first offer until the second week of october and then they didn't really start flowing until the 2nd-3rd week of november.

i agree, still a bit 16 years 11 months ago #1208

i agree, still a bit early for invites. words of advice:

No. 1: once invites start rolling in, be sure to check your email EVERY day, and multiple times during the day (even if you have to sneak away while on the wards). because invites come, and spots fill quickly and you may find yourself with either a crappy interview date, or no day at all.

#2: if you have an anti-"spam" program on your email account, GET RID OF IT!!!! Some anti-spam programs can't differentiate between junk mail and invites. and since many invites go out to multiple candidates it can be mistaken as junk mail and deleted from your account - didn't happen to me, but I heard of it happening to others.

#3: don't "sit" on invites for too long. when you get them try and call immediately and accept them. because spots fill up quickly. that happened to me at one place. you can always reschedule.

just a few things to keep in mind.

i second the quick response. 16 years 11 months ago #1213

i second the quick response. Some places actually send out more invites than they can interview and then it is first come first serve with responces. Also if they have multiple days offered and some are on very popular days (beg of jan. for example) then the first people to respond are gonna take up the odd dates and leave you with choices that you probaly have a conflict with. That can really suck if you are already hurting for interviews!

a question for people who 16 years 11 months ago #1238

a question for people who matched last year - how easy was it to reschedule interviews once you had accepted a date? Are they pretty flexible?

If there were other dates 16 years 11 months ago #1247

If there were other dates available, the few places that I had to reschedule at where very accomodating. Just be nice and explain your situation. At most places, don't bother asking if they'd interview you on a day that's not offered. most places were not very flexible when it came to that. But resheduling probably dosen't hurt you in any way. I called kentucky and switched my interview to one day and then called back two days later and switched it back to the original day. the secretary was mad cool and had no problem with it.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc