Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Early Interviews

17 years 2 weeks ago #29524

• DRSTEEL
From last year's applicants.. how useful is doing early interviews at safety schools? Like you're not totally interested, but thought maybe the practice of interviewing would be helpful?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Don't go into any interview 17 years 2 weeks ago #1059

Don't go into any interview with that attitude. You never know, that may be the program that makes the difference in you becoming an orthopod vs doing g-surg or something. on any given day, whichever program I interviewed at, that was my No. 1 choice. That's the only way that you're gonna kick-butt on every single interview. Plus, it's really hard to time your interviews. My first three interviews were at my #2,3, and 1 programs, respectively. many of my more highly ranked programs sent out interview offers before many of the "crap" programs. and that's why many of the top programs are on the top and vice versa. In short, I didn't feel as though I needed a practice interview. . . . . .just a lot of time in front of a mirror. And believe it or not, a lot of the questions that you get from attendings in the OR standing over the patient(when they're getting to know you) are the same questions that you get on the interview trail.

I could not agree more 17 years 2 weeks ago #1065

I could not agree more with the above. My advice to you is to be THOUROUGHLY interested at whichever program you are interviewing at the time. You really have very little control over when you interview at which school because each school only has one or two interview dates.
Good luck.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc