Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: When are interviews?

17 years 2 months ago #28576

• orthodreamer
Just wondering if some of you new interns could post some info about when most of your interviews were last year.
I believe that most are in Dec and Jan, but are they in Feb also? Would it be a big problem if I couldn't interview in Feb? Can I just try to schedule them earlier, or do you really not have much say in when you get them?
Thanks for the help... :smokin:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

There is a previous post 17 years 2 months ago #661

There is a previous post on this. From what I remember, I think one program interviewed in February and a few in November, but the majority are December and January. Most programs skip the week between Christmas and New Years though.

from what i remember and 17 years 2 months ago #662

from what i remember and my experience ortho is a little later than most specialties in giving out interviews. i heard from a few in late october, and most from mid november to early december. the actual interviews seemed to start in mid november and went into early february. most programs had one or two dates and many overlapped leading to frustration over conflicts for me in some cases.

from my experience, 75% of 17 years 2 months ago #663

from my experience, 75% of my interviews were in Jan, 25% in Dec. The weekends in Jan get filled up fast, so if you are offered an interview day in Jan and are given option of days, take a thurs first, then fri or sat. Also, I found a lot of Northern programs interview earlier, say in Dec and Southern/Midwest interview in Jan. WVU and Orlando have inteviews in Feb. To answer a question above, no you really have little control over dates of interviews unless they give you the possible days and it is a first come first serve. Make sure to check your email often, even several times a day because everyone else is and when the offers go out and you are a day late, you might only have one day available. As a final piece of advice, do work hard on your ortho rotations, but save energy for the grueling interview process because that will wear you out, no matter how strong you thing you are. Good luck :pimp:

Very few programs interview in 17 years 2 months ago #669

Very few programs interview in February (maybe a handful)...the ones that offered me interviews in Feb were Orlando Regional, WVU, and NYU Joint Disease. All were within first 10 days of February.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc