Bunch of Books (perfect for students' "audition" r

• huh13
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #29323 by huh13
Hey everyone,

I am selling all these orthopaedic books that I bought just a year ago. These will be perfect for students interested in orthopaedics who are about to embark on their "audition rotations." These are all books that almost all residents already have.

1.) Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics - Hoppenfeld - THE best surgical anatomy/approach book out there. There really is no debate about this one, one of the best books to buy if you have the cash. Describes all the different approaches, and patient position, landmarks, incisions, internervous planes, and important structures to look out for. Really saves you in the OR during pimping sessions. Practically brand new, I really babied this book. No marks, corners of the hardcover are great.

List price via Amazon - $183.20
Asking price - $150

2.) Physical Examination of the Spine & Extremities - Hoppenfeld - really great book that helps a great deal when performing the orthopaedic physical exam. Do not let the old publication date fool you, this is a great standard textbook. Also practically brand new, no marks, corners of the hardcover are great.

List price via Amazon - $67.40
Asking price - $50

3.) Netter's Concise Atlas of Orthopaedic Anatomy - the "small Netter" - this is one of my favorites, always had it in my coat pocket. Awesome Netter images, great information. Not just anatomy illustrations, but also great clinical exam pics and information. This one in good condition, no markings, no tears or anything, but worn corners (always in my pocket)

List price via Amazon - $48.55
Asking price - $30

4.) Handbook of Fractures - Koval - another awesome awesome book. I used this one daily and always had it in my coat pocket. Everything you need to know about fractures and those classification systems that you always get pimped on. This is great book, and in good condition. Minimal marking in colored pens, worn corners, and a small tear (0.5cm) in the front cover, but pages and text are great.

List price via Amazon - $62.95
Asking price - $40

5.) Orthopedic Secrets - 3rd Edition - Brown - great great book for students. A lot of questions that you get pimped on. This is in the great question and answer style just like the USMLE Step 2 Secrets book. Excellent condition, minimally worn corners, minimal marking, pages and text perfect.

List price via Amazon - $41.35
Asking price $30

I definitely think that the Orthopedic Secrets book, Handbook of Fractures, and Netter's Concise Atlas are key books that every student needs to do well on their rotation (if you search around these forums almost everyone agrees). The Hoppenfeld Surgical Exposures book is simply awesome, and a book that every resident needs and carries around with them in their bags and reads up on the night before the surgery, but it is a luxury purchase. The other Hoppenfeld Physical Exam book is not as important to have, but it is a timeless classic.

I only looked at prices on Amazon to compare, so I am sure that some companies might sell them slightly cheaper, or significantly more (the Hoppenfeld Surgical Exposures book I know runs for $225+ at some places). Hence I am willing to negotiate on all the prices. However, if I cannot get that much for a book I will most likely just keep them.

If someone is willing to buy all or at least a majority of them books I am willing to make some kind of deal. I will also throw in some other goodies I have. These include :

1.) Tarascon Pocket Orthopaedica - great little pocket reference book
2.) Tolerances Orthopaedic Reference Manual - used more by residents, but it is always impressive when students know the acceptable tolerances with fractures
3.) Blueprints Orthopedics - great little pocket book that introduces orthopedics. Can finish it in one weekend before your rotation starts
4.) SOAP for Orthopedics - if you like the SOAP series then this is a handy book

The first two I also think are essential to have. But all of them are relatively cheap, from what I remember $10-$30 range, and for me, pointless to sell if I can only get <$10/each. Hence I would prefer to just throw them in as extras.

Please PM all offers and I will definitely work with you to get a fair deal.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #15427 by
Replied by on topic check your PM
check your PM

• huh13
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #15433 by huh13
Replied by huh13 on topic I just shipped out the
I just shipped out the books to a buyer late last week.

Jake, I never received a PM from you. Sorry about that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #15434 by
Replied by on topic no problem
no problem

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc