Open Positions for PGY2 and PGY3 in Orthopaedic Surgery

More
9 months 2 days ago - 9 months 3 hours ago #39301 by OrthoTraumaPD
The Samaritan Health Services Orthopaedic Surgery Residency in Corvallis, OR has 2 open positions for the 2022-23 academic year.  Candidates in good standing at another Orthopaedic Surgery Residency will be considered for the positions.  Residents seeking to transfer in from another specialty will not be considered at this time.  We are unable to consider residents who completed a transitional year or preliminary year at this time.  Residents willing to repeat a year will be considered.  Please send a cover letter with CV and list of the rotations you have completed to Sam Bartholomew at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  Please also send contact information for references.
Last edit: 9 months 3 hours ago by OrthoTraumaPD. Reason: Update requirements for positions
The following user(s) said Thank You: netminder

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 hours ago #39303 by abuamerw
Hi! Wanted to clarify. If an applicant has completed prelim PGY1 and 2 years in general surgery but are willing to repeat second year, will they be considered?

More
9 months 2 hours ago #39304 by OrthoTraumaPD
Unfortunately, ACGME has very specific requirements for the PGY1 year in Ortho. We are required to include 6 months of ortho, and even the other 6 months have very specific options. At this time, we can't accommodate someone who has done general surgery. I know there are a lot of good candidates who haven't done their first year in Ortho, but my hands are tied. Sorry

More
9 months 2 hours ago #39305 by abuamerw
I understand, thank you for clarifying and for the prompt response!

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc