Clinical Experience 

Research 

Residents 

Lifestyle 

Overall Experience 

millcreek

Program Review

Staff / Faculty / Chairman
two main attending at millcreek, both very knowledgeable, one a little nicer to work with than the other. both enthusiastic teachers
Didactics / Teaching
attempt some sort of teaching daily, but one half day devoted to teaching and fracture conference weekly, do it on video conference with residents on out rotations
Operating Experience
very limited at millcreek, but you only spend one or two years at millcreek so cant comment on the out rotations which make up the majority of your training
Clinic Experience
lots of it, do office time with the two attendings
Research Opportunities
didnt see any, but im sure they are there as I think it is a mandatory thing for residents to graduate
Residents
most pretty nice and knowledgeable, though a couple who did not impress
Lifestyle
excellent for ortho, just not much to do at millcreek or in erie, at other sites im sure its worse
Location / Housing
erie is small town, about 100,000 total. there is a college so there are bars and a bit of a nightlife, lake is right there. buffalo and cleveland not far away
Limitations
lack of cases at millcreek, though they are talking of expanding to the other hospital which would be a huge boost to this program. too much traveling, not sure on research.
Overall Rotation Experience / Conclusion
had a good time but not my top choice. too much travel and not enough cases in erie. also not a fan of erie as a town. 5th years were impressive though so i think you will get good training. getting another site/attendings in erie would be huge

Qualification

I rotated as a medical student at this program
Date of Rotation
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account