old OITE exams

• ortho6550
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #27181 by ortho6550
old OITE exams was created by ortho6550
I'm a MS-IV matching into Ortho this year. I will be finished with med school after Feb. I have a couple of vacations and some work on the side lined up before July, but I would also like to work through some old OITE exams. Would anyone be willing to send me copies of old exams? Thank you much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #8080 by
Replied by on topic I personally think that would
I personally think that would be a waste of your time. Having just taken the OITE myself (as a YIT 0), I can tell you that for the most part, this is an advanced test. As an MS4, you are much better served making your anatomy knowledge solid, reading over some basic and comprehensive ortho texts, and enjoying your last year of freedom. You have the next 4+1 years to prepare for the OITE. Depending on the state you're doing residency in, it may even be a better idea (if you insist on preparing for something) to take STEP 3 early. Remember, for the first year of residency you will be doing about as much ortho as you have as a med student... not much.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #8088 by
Replied by on topic I wouldn't bother with old
I wouldn't bother with old OITE exams until you're in residency. Then you'll probably have access to them from older residents. They are mostly useful right before the test to get the handful of repeated questions every year.

As for now, as above, I would focus on reading a basic orthopedic text to get a broad overview of each specialty and to get a small core of knowledge going.

Oh yes, enjoy the rest of the year. Enjoy a month or two off and then start reading ortho when your residency starts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #8092 by
Replied by on topic if you really want to
if you really want to get an early start and gun for that 99th percentile , we have questions/answers/annotations from the last 5 years on our website at sforp.org.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #8713 by
Replied by on topic Seriously? If I were you,
Seriously? If I were you, I'd enjoy your freedom. You need not worry about the OITE at this point. There's time for that later. You'll never have this much free time, don't waste it doing OITE questions, most of which you won't even understand let alone be able to get anything out of.

If you feel like you HAVE to study something, study anatomy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #8714 by
Replied by on topic volki, i went to sforp.org
volki, i went to sforp.org could not find a link to get to your actual OITE questions. am I missing something? Thanks.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc