Operating Experience

Clinical Experience

Research

Residents

Lifestyle

Overall Experience

Program Review

Staff / Faculty / Chairman
Program director was great; very friendly and down to earth and dedicated to the residents education. The rest of the faculty were great as well.
Didactics / Teaching
The main didactic curriculum occurs once a week and fracture conference occurs every morning at Erie County Medical Center discussing the previous day/nights consults. There are service specific lectures too. The surgeons were great at explaining things in the OR.
Operating Experience
Tons of trauma experience at ECMC, and the residents were able to handle the consults that came in through the E.D. There was plenty to do and the residents operate early on.
Clinic Experience
The residents participate in clinic once or twice weekly and sometimes more depending on the service.
Research Opportunities
The research opportunities are there if they are interested. I think I remember hearing the residents are required to have 2-3 projects finished by the end of residency
Residents
Great group of people and a strong camaraderie between them. They are willing to help each other out; the senior residents were available to help the interns and junior residents.
Lifestyle
The residents work extremely hard
Location / Housing
Buffalo is a nice city. I have been told that lots of new things are happening in the downtown area; new bars/restaurants, apartments, etc. and the cost of living is affordable
Limitations
I did not see any limitations to the program
Overall Rotation Experience / Conclusion
This is a great program. Lots of trauma and experience in all of the other orthopaedic sub-specialties. The residents match into competitive fellowship placements every year

Qualification

I rotated as a medical student at this program
Date of Rotation
October 2014
JN
Top 500 Reviewer
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments