Clinical Experience 

Research 

Residents 

Lifestyle 

Overall Experience 

Loma Linda Orthopaedic Residency Program

Program Review

Staff / Faculty / Chairman
Program is in transitioning to a new Chairman as the previous Chairman is moving out of state. The program director Dr. W is interim chairman and may very well become the next full time Chairman, this would be a great thing from what I can tell and from what the residents say
Didactics / Teaching
Fracture conference in the mornings to review consults from past 24 hours, weekly grand rounds, weekly indications conference where all 2nd years give a presentation each week, weekly subspecialty conferences based on rotation, weekly dedicated 2 hour block on Tuesday nights for attending directed didactics on a rotating schedule.
Operating Experience
Operate starting first year, the only time you will every double scrub is with an intern, otherwise it is you and the attending, if he/she chooses to even scrub, for the entire 5 years
Clinic Experience
Average 2 days of clinic/week on most rotations, there are some rotations where you operate 5 days/week
Research Opportunities
Opportunities and resources are available, whatever the residents want to make of them is basically pu to them
Residents
Great group of residents, easy to get a long with
Lifestyle
Several of the residents have children and say that it is a family friendly program
Location / Housing
suburban area
Limitations
Location is not the best in terms of things to do but it is within reasonable distance to LA and San Diego
Overall Rotation Experience / Conclusion
Great experience, I will definitely consider this program as an excellent option going forward

Qualification

I rotated as a medical student at this program
Date of Rotation
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account