Clinical Experience 

Research 

Residents 

Lifestyle 

Overall Experience 

Program review

Program Review

Staff / Faculty / Chairman
Interacted with a number of attendings on my service who great teachers, and kind to students. However, morning trauma conference is brutal as residents get criticized incessantly by one attending after another (even when the resident is correct). It seems that the older residents and trauma staff enjoy demeaning the presenting resident. From an administrative point of view expect a response to your emails 2 weeks later or more likely none at all.
Didactics / Teaching
Lecture once a week, but hardly any of the residents actually pay attention. The content is actually decent, and if you pay attention they will help. Overall doesn’t seem like there is a learning conducive culture at the program.
Operating Experience
The operative experience was the best part where I saw the 3/4/5 residents actively involved in many cases.
Clinic Experience
Very dependent on the attending--I saw 5's shadowing full days with some attendings.
Research Opportunities
Wasn't exposed
Residents
By far the absolute weakest part of this program. There wasn’t a single resident I worked with that struck me as someone I wanted to work with. I didn’t feel their potential was being met by the program. There was also a hierarchical feel amongst the residents with the upper levels appearing to be very distant from the younger residents. Upper levels frequently strung out lower level residents in conference. Overall not a cohesive group, and certainly not one I’d like to work with.
Lifestyle
Sac Town is reasonable. Its California.
Location / Housing
N/A
Limitations
See all of the above categories except lifestyle. Not a program I would recommend anyone.
Overall Rotation Experience / Conclusion
It seems that this is not the first subpar review of the program, and that prior negative reviews have been removed by the admin. These reviews have also been replaced by a faculty assessment (which of course are going to be positive and boost the average program rating on here). It would be important here to see that if the faculty has to defend the program on an online forum its probably not a great sign. I don’t believe there is a less cohesive or more malignant program in the country. I would strongly discourage anyone from applying/rotating at this program.

Qualification

I rotated as a medical student at this program
Date of Rotation
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account