Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Rush Joint Replacement Fellowship - Dr. Nam

Rush Joint Replacement Fellowship - Dr. Nam 1 year 6 months ago #35824

• tylercalkins
  • Thank you received: 1
Dr. Denis Nam invites 3rd year medical students to apply for a Clinical Research Fellowship in Joint Reconstruction at Rush University Medical Center. This fellowship is awarded to a rising fourth-year medical student interested in a future residency and career in orthopaedic surgery.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to gain invaluable experience while strengthening his or her application for residency. The Research Fellow works directly under Dr. Denis Nam, but also as a member of the clinical research team in the Division of Hip and Knee Reconstruction at Rush University Medical Center.He or she will function as a research coordinator for any new or ongoing projects. This involves functioning as a co-investigator on collaborative ventures with residents, fellows, and attending surgeons here at Rush and at other sites involved in our multi-center studies. Numerous collaborative studies are ongoing amongst division members and thus the Fellow will work closely with other research coordinators in the division. The Research Fellow also has the opportunity to develop and lead his or her own studies.
Responsibilities and daily activities include: performing literature reviews; developing research hypotheses; composing research protocols; drafting and submitting IRB proposals; interacting with and recruiting patients in clinic; collecting, organizing, and analyzing clinical research data; preparing and submitting results for academic publication and presentation. The position also provides the opportunity to be mentored in a clinical setting; to hone clinical exam skills; to observe and assist in surgeries; and to attend weekly lectures and conferences with Rush orthopaedic residents and faculty. This research position is unique in that the Fellow will be exposed to both clinical and research opportunities, while working closely with Dr. Nam on a daily basis allowing ample opportunity for education and mentorship.
The nature of the position makes excellent organizational and communicational skills paramount. Applicants are selected based not only on research experience and medical school performance but also on enthusiasm and interest. The chosen applicant typically begins the summer after third-year rotations are completed and works for one calendar year. The position is considered full-time employment and is salaried with health benefits.

To Apply, please send:
- CV
- USMLE Step 1 scores
- Cover Letter (no more than one page)

Interested individuals should contact Chris Culvern (Joint Replacement Research Coordinator) at 312-432-2470 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Deadline: February 26
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by tylercalkins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Turner

Rush Joint Replacement Fellowship - Dr. Nam 1 year 6 months ago #35830

That's what I need! Thank you for sharing the information. I'm just looking for a coordinator for my new research and development work in the field of medicine!
I like to read scientific, educational and technical literature. I have a wonderful job that fully meets my interests - it's the Medical Librarian. I help students in the writing coursework and essay for college.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Matt Turner. Reason: I want to express my gratitude for the information provided
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc