Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Program Interview Data - Step Scores

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35435

• pucksandbones
  • Intern
  • Thank you received: 4
I like it. Made the changes you suggested except the publications one. I was intending that the research projects include the podium and poster presentations, while the "Publications" be actual published papers. Does this make sense to do it this way, or should it be switched to something else?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35436

No, makes sense. My only confusion when I initially was looking at it was, "Hm, Research Projects--does this mean the number of Research Experiences I listed in the Experiences section, or the number of things I listed under publications section (and is this inclusive of peer-reviewed publications, even though it is asked for separately)."

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35437

Great idea. If we really want good data, it would be awesome to see if your school would e-mail it out to all medical schools to get the widest distribution.

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35438

• pucksandbones
  • Intern
I've thought about that...not sure how other programs would feel having a school essentially promoting publishing Step 1 cutoffs, etc. without their consent. I can bring it up with my PD and see what he thinks. Until then, maybe just go a grass roots approach and e-mail it out to all applicants you know from your school and met on the trail, and encourage that they do the same. This really only does become valuable once we get a good number of responses.

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35439

Also, in the past few years, wasn't there like a google doc spreadsheet that collected more general data on people's stats and how they matched? Would be nice to get that going as well.

Program Interview Data - Step Scores 1 year 10 months ago #35440

• pucksandbones
  • Intern
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc