AANA-accredited sports fellowship available for 2004-05 year

• mfsherman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #26472 by mfsherman
To whom it may concern:

We have an available position in our orthopaedic surgery sports medicine fellowship for the upcoming academic year starting August 1st 2004 through July 31st 2005. The fellowship, The Staten Island Arthroscopy/Sports Medicine Fellowship, is accredited by AANA (Arthroscopy Association of North America). We have had this fellowship for 15 years. The director of the program is myself, Mark F. Sherman, MD, Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Hospital for Special Surgery. We operate at Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Centers of New York, Staten Island Region (Staten Island, New York City, NY) . This hospital also funds the fellowship. Annual salary os $60,000. My fellow will operate with my partners Drs Joel R. Bonamo, MD and MaryIrene I. Flynn, MD and myself. We operate 4 days/week and my fellow will see patients with us at our busy and successful private practice one evening and one half-day per week. You will perform 700-800 cases in the year including: arthroscopic partial menisectomies, arthroscopic meniscal repairs (inside-out sutures or arrows), arthroscopic-assisted ACL PTBTB reconstructions, shoulder decompressions, mini-open rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic SLAP repairs (Suretac or anchors), arthroscopic Bankart repairs (Suretac or anchors), thermal capsulorhaphy, open capsular shifts, open medial patellofemoral ligament STG reconstructions, arthroscopic lateral retinacular releases, microfracture healing response, arthroscopic primary repair of the ACL, biceps/quadriceps/pectoralis major/patella/Achille's tendon primary repairs, total knee replacements, ankle ORIF, patella ORIF, and many more procedures. This is a very clinically/technically oriented fellowship. We do have research opportunities if you choose to explore any research interests (mostly clinical, but some basic science opportunities are available at HSS). My fellow also attends the Monday morning sports fellow conference (one hour) on Monday mornings at HSS, taught by HSS attending orthopaedic sports medicine attendings and the Thursday morning MRI Conference and CORE conference (Grande Rounds) at HSS. You will also receive on-the-field training in the diagnosis and treatment of acute sports injuries by covering several high school football games during the Autumn season (this also pays an additional $150/game (2 hours/game)). I hope you are intersted in this fine sports medicine fellowship and I would like to hear from you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mark F. Sherman, MD
Assistant Attending Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Attending, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, St. Vincent's Catholic Medical Centers of NY, Staten Island Region, Staten Island, NY
Staten Island Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, P.C.,
1551 Richmond Road
Staten Island, NY 10304
office telephone: 718-351-6500/7241
office fax: 718-351-7672
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• mfsherman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #4824 by mfsherman
The Staten Island Arthroscopy/Sports Medicine Feloowship for the 2004-'05 and the 2005-'06 years has been filled.
-Mark F. Sherman, MD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: christianOrthoDoc