Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: big month for interviews?

here's another take - you 16 years 7 months ago #2688

here's another take - you could not take off either block since most interviews are weekends, and plan to miss a couple days here and there(most docs are understanding). that way you'll finish your required stuff earlier and have more vacation ):)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

It depends on your school. 16 years 7 months ago #2689

It depends on your school. For me, each rotation allows you two excused days for interviews. So if that's an issue its hard to interview and not miss work. That is unless you plan on spending a fortune on airlines tickets for very specific times. To save money, you'll inevitably end up with a lay over or extra travel day here and there. Granted more vacation would be nice, but most schools offer an anatomy elective. That would work for one month, then take Jan. off.

Most interviews are Friday and 16 years 7 months ago #2690

Most interviews are Friday and Saturday, but I did have 4 interviews on Mon through Thursday and I canceled two others that offered only week day interviews. If you are going to schedule electives during Dec and Jan, make sure they are cush electives that won't mind you missing every Friday and some week days as well.

ask 4th years from your 16 years 7 months ago #2694

ask 4th years from your school who the ball busters were about missing days for interviews and avoid those electives dec/jan. it's unbelievable that some flea or the like would tell someone that they can't go to an interview. i guess those are the tools who were pre-med and got into med school.
damn i'm bitter

try a "research" month - 16 years 7 months ago #2695

try a "research" month - that worked really well for me, especially in the first week of january when there were 4-5 days in a row of interviews. some friends did emergency medicine that month, and scheduled shifts around interview dates.

there is absolutely NO reason to lose 2 valuable months of vacation for interviews. i saved them for the end, so i'll be finished with med school in 3 weeks. feels so good i highly recommend this strategy - you'll love yourself in the morning for it.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc