Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: post-interview calls and letters

OD is right. It would 16 years 8 months ago #2375

OD is right. It would be very unlikely that a chairman or director would tell an applicant that they are "ranked to match" or "you are our top choice" (although I'm sure some of you probably did hear something like this).

This is a game so most faculty, if they call anyone, would probably say something like "we'd like to see you here" or "have you started house hunting" or "the faculty looked favorably upon your application."

Frequent calls or a call from a chair or program director is a good sign, but as always PLAY THE GAME AND DON'T TRUST ANYONE!

Good luck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I will dissent here and 16 years 8 months ago #2378

I will dissent here and say that they really are not breaking the rules by calling you and telling you where you are ranked... just can't solicit the info...

The NRMP rules state (this is direct from the user guide),
The Policies of the NRMP do not preclude one from expressing a high level of interest in the other. Although not recommended, it is not a Match violation for an applicant or a program to tell the other how one will be ranked; however, any attempt to request such information is a violation. Statements implying a commitment should be avoided. Rank Order Lists take precedence over verbal commitments.

:tired:

that's what i meant -- 16 years 8 months ago #2379

that's what i meant -- freedom of speech is pretty universal. i was just talking about the coercion aspect of the whole deal.

soudes

I have heard various rumors 16 years 8 months ago #2392

I have heard various rumors of chairmen/residency dir's calling people already. I definitely haven't heard anything.
Would anyone mind sharing what programs they've heard back from?

Places I've heard from chairman: HSS/HJD Mayo Harvard Stanford Vanderbilt Duke Case 16 years 8 months ago #2398

Places I've heard from chairman:
HSS/HJD
Mayo
Harvard
Stanford
Vanderbilt
Duke
Case Western
Columbia
Michigan
Charlotte
Campbell
UTSW
Full of Crap
Loads of it
Haven't heard from any
Just f'in wit ya
OSB
):) :pimp: :pimp: :smokin:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc