Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Post interview thank you notes

if your fourth year is 16 years 10 months ago #1917

if your fourth year is sooo boring that you have nothing else better to do go for it. Others have such high sphincter tone that they do personalized letters to each person they interviewed with. Namy programs i went to flat out said, "dont send thank you notes, we wont read them". Then the REALLY paranoid applicants would be chattering later in the interview day "is he just testing us with the dont send a letter thing?". Bottom line, if you feel like you have to to soooth your own nagging compulsions, go ahead and send them to whoever you wish. Like the people here are saying, it has been documented that it really makes no difference (recent JBJS) I dont mean to come across as rude, if i did i am sorry, but it got SOOOO old by the end of the interview trail listening to people worry about things like this that i wanted to scream
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I am not sending any 16 years 10 months ago #1920

I am not sending any notes out. I plan on contacting my top 3-5 programs late in Jan. to let them know that I will rank them high and why I like their program.

I'm with ortho2003, there is 16 years 10 months ago #1922

I'm with ortho2003, there is way too much football to watch and beers to drink then spend time writing token letters (token at least in my mind)
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc