Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interview Cocktail Parties

one piece of advice, stay 16 years 10 months ago #1500

one piece of advice, stay away from people like wildcat. all you will end up doing is standing near a tub of beer and getting friggin wasted screaming about residents gfs/wives!!! just kidding. although, i did see some people get pretty ripped up at some of these things! have fun and relax. remember, the "only have 2 drinks max" rule on interviewing does not generally apply to ortho pre-interview gatherings!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just go with the flow... My 16 years 10 months ago #1502

Just go with the flow...
My first couple of interviews I was a little timid, only having coke or sprite while the rest of the residents downed the GOOD STUFF.
By mid-way through the interview season I was sticking the programs with huge bar tabs on Bellvy.
By the end of the process, I would start the evening with the free drinks at the @#$%tail party...then go to the local club to kick it with the natives.
Oh yeah, then I'd leave the club just in time to make the interview.... :pimp:

Quick question for current residents...how 16 years 10 months ago #1505

Quick question for current residents...how much does it matter if you can't make the night before dinner at the chairman's house b/c of another interview? Do they make a big deal about that or is it ok to just show up to the interview? h well:

No big deal if you 16 years 10 months ago #1521

No big deal if you can't make the pre/post interview parties. you won't get black-balled or anything. but again, I would try to make as many as possible.

As for the arm wrestling "incident,"-
I didn't wuss out. I was just afraid that I'd rip that guys arm off and get "x"-ed from the rank list

And they did tie one of my coat arms in a knot. Yeah, good group of guys up there at MSU.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc