Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Interviews

Orthorider, I did not rotate 16 years 10 months ago #1402

Orthorider,

I did not rotate at Pitt. Another classmate of mine got an invite there too and he didn't rotate either.
Their email is kinda funny. They tell you that it costs them a lot of time, money and effort to interview you and if you pull a no show without letting them know beforehand, they will inform your Ortho Chair and Dean that you make your medical school look bad. I agree it would be p@#$-poor form to do such a thing, but I also think its funny they feel the need to threaten the "Ralphie Treatment" on you. I guess they have had trouble with that sort of thing in the past. Oh well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UMKC is offering invites via 16 years 10 months ago #1403

UMKC is offering invites via e-mail for Dec. 5, Dec. 19, or Jan 9.
They say that they invited 43 people but only have 11 spots on each day therefore can only interview the first 33 to respond out of the 43 that were invited.
I guess that's their way of getting you to reply quickly!
:smokin:

Only 33 people get the 16 years 10 months ago #1404

Only 33 people get the priveledge of hearing how the UMKC Chair's dick is bigger than their's what a bummer.

I don't get this whole invite more people than you have spots @$%&. I think I would be tempted to lock them up for an interview and then no show on purpose.

I got one of the 16 years 10 months ago #1407

I got one of the offers for UMKC, but a buddy told me they were totally malignant, and not to bother interviewing. (obviouslly, I'm gonna go anyway anyone else hear something like that?

i second the notion of 16 years 10 months ago #1410

i second the notion of not bothering to go to UMKC, that guy really is an ass. He did absolutly NOTHING to make me want to even consider going there. I seriously considered whether or not i would rather not match and try to scramble and wait a year, or put in 5 years with that @#$%^&*. Seems like a easy choice (match or dont match) but once you meet him it is not so easy. Basically i decided that i could suck it up if needed, and that i really did not think i would be going to the very bottom on my rank list (number 16) so i went ahead and put them on the bottom of my rank list. I swear that when my wife and i were getting ready to open my envelope we said "as long as we got 15 or higher we are fine". And that really sucks b/c we really liked kansas city and would not have minded at all living there. I think it would be awesome if people just gave that chairman the finger and nobody fell for his "kiss my ass for a CHANCE to interview" email crap. They also used to put some line in the email that went like
"if you cancel your interview with us we will call and complain to your dean on how unprofessional you are". Now if he will call your dean, I would think that he might even try to call other chairmen to blacklist you. If you are really hurting for interveiws, i guess ya gotta do it, but i hope you have an alternative instead.

Well, after reading your post 16 years 10 months ago #1411

Well, after reading your post bonedoc, I called my buddy back up, and he said he'd rather be an ob-gyn resident than an ortho resident at UKMC...needless to say, that settled it for me! figured i should cancel now, rather than having him tell my dean later how unprofessional i am. feels kinda weird to be turning down interviews so early, when i'm psyched just to get one, but with a comment like that...you simply can't argue. think i did the right thing?
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc