Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interviews Scheduled?

What is the max programs 16 years 11 months ago #1250

What is the max programs one would be able to reasonably interview at? Also if you get offered interviews by programs that are not at the top of your list early, do you schedule them and then drop them down the line if more desirable programs offer you interviews? Can anybody offer up a good game plan for when the interview offers start rolling in? (knock on formaldehyde, best I can do) I will also assume if we are going to drop an interview we should do it asap to let it go to another candidate instead of going to waste. Think I just stated the obvious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Interview offers/rejections start to trickle 16 years 11 months ago #1252

Interview offers/rejections start to trickle in in early november and then they pick up from there. You may get a few in october from those places that interview in november.

Call and accept those interview offers from the 'crappy' places as soon as you get them also---->it's a crazy process, that 'crappy' place may end up being your training program And if something better comes along theres no harm in calling back and declining those interviews, unless. . . . . . .you call like the day of or day before the interview. This happened when I went to the CCF. A couple of applicants had called to cancel interviews the morning of, and the coordinator was not too happy. Remember, the ortho world is very small. As a rule of thumb, the latest that I waited to cancel an interview was 1 week prior. I tried to give 2 weeks. this is just out of courtesy to other applicants who are still waiting. A phone call to the program, ?email, was sufficient. I'd err towards the phone call though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc