Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Current PGY3 Ortho Resident looking to transfer

Current PGY3 Ortho Resident looking to transfer 2 months 1 week ago #35679

I am currently a PGY3 ortho resident at a program in the midwest in good standing. I have obtained excellent attending evaluations and peer reviews and get along very well with the faculty, hospital staff, and co-residents. OITE scores last year were in the top 5%. I have also nearly completed all case minimums, but still have a lot to learn and eagerly look forward to any teaching opportunities. Due to some instability at my current program (vague I know, but rest assured it has nothing to do with myself) I am looking to transfer my last two years to another program. I'm happy to discuss these things further at any time in a less public forum.

Feel free to contact me through here or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are interested or know of any positions. I will take this down if anything comes up, but otherwise, if this is still up, then I am still interested.

Thank-you,
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Orthoguy12345. Reason: Added e-mail
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Current PGY3 Ortho Resident looking to transfer 2 months 5 days ago #35684

• dynamo
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey man, just an fyi, might be easier to find a pgy3 position for next year even if it means repeating a year. Very few programs would take a senior resident and if you're planning on doing a fellowship, would help to have a full year somewhere before applications also. Best of luck to you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orthoguy12345

Current PGY3 Ortho Resident looking to transfer 2 months 3 days ago #35687

Appreciate the advice. I would certainly consider repeating PGY3 if necessary. Thank-you.
Moderators: christian, OrthoDoc