Employers: Dr. Nikhil Verma/Dr. Brian Cole, Rush University Medical Center, Midwest Orthopaedics, Chicago, IL
Time Commitment: Full-time
Start Date: July 1, 2012
Duration: 1 year
- Coordinate and assist orthopedic research projects in the Orthopedic Sports Medicine Department.
- Coordinate efforts of research group, prepare and manage IRB protocols, draft abstracts, implement research designs, collect and analyze data, identify and recruit patients into clinical studies.
- High level of interaction with physicians, scientists, and other study personnel; option of observing orthopedic surgeries
- Students/assistants depending on their motivation can publish 10-20 articles/chapters/peer reviewed journal articles per year.
- Requires the ability to work independently as well as part of a large research team
- Requires student to be in good academic standing with his/her medical school
- Students will not be charged ANY fees. A small stipend will be provided for the student that can cover room & board, transportation, etc.
- Hours are normally 8am - 5pm on weekdays; with some weekend work required during more research intensive parts of the year.
This is a very unique opportunity to work closely with highly regarded Orthopaedic Attendings and PhDs at RUSH. Depending on the overall productivity of the student's work, the research fellow will no doubt strongly bolster his/her CV and make the student a stronger applicant for the Orthopedic Residency Programs. More details will be provided if you are interested
Please email personal statement and CV to the above email address by 4/23/12.